Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September's Sample Society Box

I finally got it yesterday!  I wanted to make a post as soon as I got it, but I had so many other things going on.


I'm tickled. This is my first Sample Society box.

Ahava Purifying Mud Mask Deluxe Sample: It itched on my face. Kevin said it smelled like starfish pooped on my skin. I'm inclined to agree - the smell is not appealing at all. I didn't feel any cleaner after I used it, and I probably wont be using it again before of the itching.

Borghese B Gloss, Fiore- Deluxe Sample: It's a pretty color on my lips, but it felt tacky and didn't last long. It also has a strong plastic smell, which is something I avoid when purchasing things for my lips.

CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser Deluxe Sample-2 oz.: A gentle cleanser with no smell. It wasn't anything special as far as I could tell from one wash. I can't say if using it consistently would produce a better out come as I am already trying out a skin care system. If I get to it I'll definitely do a better review on it.

Diptyque Fragrance Sample: It's.. uhm... I like the scent. Maybe not for a.. body scent.. but it's pleasant. It makes Kevin and I think of old ladies, though. A good smelling old lady (in my opinion), but definitely not something for me to be wearing. It's sweet, spicy and bold.

Stila Cosmetics Smudge Crayon, Deluxe Sample: My favorite thing in the box. I'm not sure I'd ever use it as just an eyeliner because it's too light and too cool of a color, but if I were to smudge in a black/brown/gold it would look good as an eye shadow. It glides on VERY smoothly.

So, I'm not exactly happy with this month's box, but they can't all be winners. I cancelled my membership, as I was really only going to do this once for the thrill of the surprise, anyways. If I had more of an income I would probably be more inclined to keep my membership with the Beauty Bar Sample society going.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, that's too bad about about the Ahava Purifying Mud Mask Deluxe Sample. That's one I would have wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was excited about it too. I love mud masks. :( I was hoping to add it to my 'spa night' collection.

      Delete