Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Secret Service

On my birthday I went to the nearest Sephora to pick up my present.  I wasn't too happy with it in the end, and I even made a review on the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.  To update, both of the sticks did end up falling apart on me despite it being in a bathroom drawer the entire time and me pushing it up only slightly to use it.

Ignore the cat scratches!
While I was there, I also picked up and Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Secret Service.  I was looking for a subtle brown and the consultant and Sephora led me right over to the new Urban Decay eyeshadows.  I've only ever used one other eye shadow from them and that was before their reformulation.  I think the color I have  is called Ecstasy, a shimmery light purple.

The packaging is great.  I loved their old packaging, but the "chrome" gives it a little oomf.  I like that the inside edge is raised around the shadow like a little retaining wall.  It's good for tapping my brushes on and holding the extra loose powder.

The pigmentation is great, too.  It's easy to get a soft or loud look with the shadow.  The consultant definitely pointed me to the right shade - I love it.  I am definitely interested in getting more Urban
Decay shadows. :3



Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Secret Service
bareMinerals Big and Bright Eyeliner in Chocolate
bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in black
benefit Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Foxy Lady (Fitting name in my opinion ;] )
The cream-colored "crease" shadow in the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette

5 comments:

  1. I got this product in the vintage packaging and old formulation.. I wonder if it is any different? Your Absolutley right the new packaging is super nice.

    New follower from the Beauty Blog Blog Hop!

    dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly haven't noticed a difference between the two formulations. I haven't done any extensive testing or anything, but I didn't have a problem with their eye shadows before they change them.

      Delete
  2. Do you have Goggle Friend Connect on your blog? I can't find it. Let me know! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't! I guess I started too late - they are discontinuing GFC and stopped letting anyone add it to their blog. :( I'm not sure when it's supposed to be permanently taken out.

      Delete
  3. so JEALOUS! i wanted secret service soooo bad! it's so pretty :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete