Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Watercolor Pomegranates

I was browsing the internet for some watercolor exercises and stumbled upon Brenda Swenson's Blog. I found this exercise in negative painting and knew I had to try it.  So excited.  I drew a very similar outline to what she has and sent to work.

I know it's probably my inexperience with the medium, but my painting turned out NOTHING like hers.  It's not this fabulous ethereal piece... but I think it turned out wonderful nonetheless.  Kevin fell in love with it immediately.  He told me mine is infinitely better than what I was taking the practice from because it's mine.

Watercolor Pomegranate


And then he said some wonderful words:  "Why don't you outline it like you did your last paintings?  You know, to make it your own?"

I love this man.

My painting turned out to be a totally different piece than I expected, but it turned out that much better.  What I figured was going to just be a practice sheet is something we want to get framed and put on our wall. I love how life turns out that way.

Watercolor Pomegranate

I feel like I've got my groove back. I'm so so so happy right now.  I want to paint every day for the rest of my life.

~Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment