Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review: Goody Quickstyle Brush

This was the item I was most excited about in my Influenster Holiday 2012 VoxBox!

I have very thick, long hair and it takes FOREVER and a day to dry.  I hate blow drying it because it still feels like it takes forever, and on top of that my arms get exhausted.

Enter a not so great picture of my brush:


I figured a close up of this alien-looking contraption would be good.  You can click the image for a closer view.  I began having doubts while poking at the microfiber bristles because they are not stiff.  They flatten down rather easily.

I used the brush a couple times after I got out of the shower and I didn't see a big difference in the dampness of my hair.  I don't know if it's just because my hair is soooo thick, or what, but it was a little sad.  I normally go through my hair with a thick-toothed comb and I got about the same results after towel-drying.

I finally got un-lazy and decided to use the Goody Quikstyle Brush to blow dry my hair.

Here is my hair before:


Not too glorious.  I sort of look like I should be lifting.  DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!

Okay, okay.  So, I blow-dried my hair.  It was rather awkward as I normally do it with a rounded brush.  It felt tough pulling the bristles through my hair, which may have been because of the microfiber bristles catching on my hair?  I also found that the microfiber bristles got completely soaked VERY quickly, and subsequently matted down.  I tried blow drying the brush to see if I could dry them up a little, but it just made the brush warm.

So, if the brush, for lack of a better way to put it, fills with water that quickly, what's the benefit of continuing to blow dry my hair with it?  I can only think that having a mat of wet cloth against my hair would hinder the drying process as opposed to having a regular brush that allows air flow.

The other thing was that I was constantly checking and cleaning hair out of my brush, which matted down the microfiber bristles.  A little inconvenient.

After about 20-25min of blow drying I gave up.  My arms were tired, I was sweating from all the heat getting blown around.  This is the main reason why I don't blow dry my hair normally.  My hair looked okay, but it was still damp.


My verdict is that this just isn't the brush for me.  I could see someone with thinner hair having more success with it.  Very sad about this. :(

Working on posts for the rest of my VoxBox goodies!

TTFN
Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I got a little excited when I saw the picture and hoped it was a good product. I have thick hair so It would not be good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not a bad brush but it just... it wasn't a miracle like all the hype made it out to be.

      Delete