Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SinfulShine Nail Polishes by Sinful Colors

In my Influenster Sun Vox Box I recieved, for free, a Sinful Colors Sinful Shine nail polish!

The color I got is Nouveau Purple, which is wonderful because I have been looking for the perfect purple.

Sinful Colors Sinful Shine Nouveau Purple

This is a deep royal purple and fits me perfectly.  Now here's the thing:  The formulation makes it so that the color is pretty much black unless it's in day light.  It's not necessarily a con for me because I like black nail polish, but it was a little disappointing to find out.

The polish itself is goopy and tough to work with.  A seasoned manicurist, unlike myself, will quickly get a hang of the texture and apply it with ease.  It's not that tough as the polish tends to spread out and gloss over, making it pretty hard to streak.  If you're a savant, again unlike myself, this nail polish can be a one coat wonder.

After a top coat, my nails definitely glisten in the sun and look like I got a gel treatment.  For the price, I am extremely happy... I even went out and got two more colors!

I have also been looking for a blue that suits my skin tone, which is tough because blue just looks horrendous on me.  Fortunately, I found a blue-based teal... I mean, it's mostly a blue with a tidbit of green  in it, maybe more of a blue-jean shade, and I love it!  I did my fingers and my toes, but my toes look way better.

Sinful Colors Sinful Shine Set the Mood
Hippopotomi


Let's not talk about this photo.  I swear the camera added like 10lbs.  They are far cuter IRL, can we just agree and move on?  Thanks.

The camera doesn't even do the color of the polish justice.  I tried it in so many different rooms and lighting and gave up.  Again, in low light situations the polish is pretty much black.  You really have to have a good light source to enjoy the colors.  I feel like I'm doing the brand a great disservice with these pictures!  Their claim is that the polish is shinier than a patent leather, and I will agree!

Overall, this nail polish is affordable and high pigmented.  I love it and would recommend it to everyone.  They can be found at Walgreen's, so go pick yourself up a bottle or two! :)

TTFN
Kirst'un

No comments:

Post a Comment