Monday, December 9, 2013

STEAMCREAM

STEAMCREAM started to pop up on various blogs and the first thing I thought was, "Wow, look at those tins!"  I read good reviews, but the fact that the tins looked a little TOO cute and that price was a little steep (for my budget), I wrote it off as something I'd have to pass on.

Imagine how ecstatic I was when I received an email asking if I'd like a tin of STEAMCREAM to review!

I chose the Shu tin.  Each tin holds 75mL of product.

STEAMCREAM Shu Tin

I fell in love with it instantly.  It looks vintage and foreign.  I love having a decorative, yet useful, tin in my bathroom.  It adds some oomph and fancy to an otherwise "here are all my products" area.

But, as with all skin care products that come in a tin or tub, the chance of the product getting contaminated is huge.  I wash my hands before dipping my fingers in and don't dip twice.  STEAMCREAM also has a 6 month shelf life once opened.  Depending on what you use it for that may be enough time and it may not be.  Since it can be used almost everywhere I'm sure I'll use it up by then.

STEAMCREAM Shu Tin

I was so excited when I got my STEAMCREAM that I popped it open and the cream spurted onto my hands.  It was probably a combination of shipping and carelessness on my part, and not something that happens regularly.  I hope.  Just, you know.  Be careful. :P

In any case, I rubbed the cream into my hands and my skin was instantly transformed.  I felt soft.  Like, baby's bottom soft.  There is definitely an initial residue but it's not unpleasantly sticky or slick.  It feels more protective.  The scent is very soft and pleasant, the main note being lavender.  The scent fades into a mixed herbal that you only really notice if it's on your face or you sniff it up close.

STEAMCREAM works well as a night cream if you can handle the scent.  It has that residue, but by the time I wake up the skin on my face and neck feels soft and supple.  I'd like to note that I have combination, acne prone skin.  I didn't get any acne flare ups or allergic reactions using it on my face.  If anything it helped speed along the healing of my acne spots.

In the winter I get bad, BAD dry legs that are made worse when I shave.  STEAMCREAM heavy-duty moisturizes my legs so they don't get cracked and flaky and helps prevent any itchiness.  It also works wonders soothing my eczema spots.

Because of the price and the shelf life, I'm not sure I would have this in my 'emergency stash' of products for when things get bad.  I am instead using this as an intensive treatment through winter, as a dry skin therapy.  So far it's working GREAT.

I think a tin of STEAMCREAM would make a perfect gift.  There are so many designs to choose from that you're sure to find one that fits your giftee's personality, and the tins are reusable.

Price: $20 for 75mL on www.STEAMCREAM.com

A tin of STEAMCREAM was sent to me for trial and review, but I was not otherwise compensated.

2 comments:

  1. My gal uses these types of products. I'll show her this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I say they have a ton of different tins I really mean it. It's hard to not want to collect them all.

      Delete