Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ipsy January 2014

Yes, it's February, and yes, I've already received my February Ipsy subscription.  I've been meaning to make this post but every time I thought about doing it I died a little inside because of how disappointing January's bag was.

January Ipsy Bag


Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow mini in Penny - (Full Sized $14.99)

Not amazingly pigmented or anything special worth this much money.  It's the right color for me, though.

MALIN+GOETZ Mojito Lip Balm - $12.00

Not a fan of this at all.  It feels like a flavored petroleum jelly and I haven't noticed any big difference while using it. The flavor is also just... meh.  Definitely not worth $12, especially for an ingredient list I'd have to be a chemist to read.

Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads 4pc - ?

I don't like Proactiv.  Their company practices are horrible, they products didn't work on me.  I almost feel offended I got these in my bag. :(

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner 1.7fl oz - $6.00 (Full Size 6.5 fl oz $17.95)

Supposed to moisturize and detangle, and it helps with that.  I enjoy the texture of my hair after i use it, and this is probably the best sample I received in my Ipsy bag!

skinn Soothing and Smoothing Eye Cream - (Full Sized $29.95)

A light moisturizer for the eye area with a subtle smell that absorbs quickly.  It leaves my thinskin soft, but I haven't noticed any de-puffing or fine line management.  It does have things like aloe, retinol and Hyaluronic Acid so I can only assume that over a long-term use it will keep you skin looking nice.


So yeah, this is the worst bag I've received so far.  I just don't really have much else to say about it.  I hope you other Ipsy subscribers were happier with yours!

- Kirsten Holen

2 comments:

  1. i have a full size of that leave in conditioner and i think it's really good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, your hair is absolutely beautiful so I should definitely try out that leave-in conditioner. :P Thank you for the link.

      Delete